In this blog, career guidance expert, Richard McMunn, teaches you how to write a brilliant personal statement! You can also download Richard’s 5 PERSONAL STATEMENT EXAMPLES at the bottom of this page!
DOWNLOAD RICHARD MCMUNN’S 5 ‘READY MADE’ BRILLIANT PERSONAL STATEMENT EXAMPLES!Download Your Personal Statement Examples Now
WHAT IS A JOB APPLICATION FORM PERSONAL STATEMENT?
“A personal statement summarizes what you can offer an organization or employer and how you see yourself working in the role.”
It is your job to CONVINCE the person reading the personal statement you are the BEST PERSON for the job!
HOW TO WRITE A PERSONAL STATEMENT – STEP 1
- Make it strong, powerful and positive.
- Explain why you have decided to apply for this job.
- Use keywords and phrases that resonate with the employer/hiring manager.
OPENING STATEMENT EXAMPLE:
HOW TO WRITE A PERSONAL STATEMENT – STEP 2
- Provide details of any experience relevant to the role.
- Match your skills to the job description.
- Don’t be afraid to show off and be confident about your abilities!
MIDDLE STATEMENT EXAMPLE:
HOW TO WRITE A PERSONAL STATEMENT – STEP 3
- Tell them what you plan to do in the role.
- Build trust between you and the employer.
- Make it a no brainer for them to employ you!
FINAL CLOSING STATEMENT EXAMPLE: